Your biomass boiler heating system needs to be correctly maintained. Doing this means you will save on your heating bills, and makes sure you're earning your Renewable Heat Incentive payments.
Also, under the new MCS040, in order to continue to claim the RHI your service provider needs to be accredited to MCS040. The service Myriad provide complies with our obligations as set out in MCS 040 (Planned and Preventative Maintenance of Biomass Appliances – Requirements for Maintenance Engineers carrying out Maintenance Activities). These requirements recognise competent Maintenance Businesses that can carry out the services necessary as specified by biomass boiler manufacturers and sets out the technical requirements for that work.
We are able to offer a comprehensive service to biomass boiler owners across the whole of the UK but in certain locations (Cornwall, West Wales, Scotland) we kindly request that you ask us for the pricing so we can calculate the travel time for your specific location.
Other services Myriad can offer: please call for more information
- Fuel store clean down
- Operator training
- Condition report
The price does not include VAT (@20%). This will be added when you checkout
Typically the service will be booked in 2 to 4 weeks after the purchase date.
Myriad are taking this work on the basis that the boiler is working and servicable. If issues are found during the service visit that prevent the boiler from working corrrectly/safely then an additional chargeable visit in the future will need to be arranged to resolve the issues.
Under the terms of this contract type Myriad are unable to provide technical support to you over the telephone. If you do experience an issue with your boiler then we will schedule an engineer to atend site as soon as possible.
What We Do During Each Visit
A Full Service includes a clean, inspection and comprehensive check of the following components:
- The fuel feed system, motors, sprockets, chains and seals. Grease all bearings check motor operation
- The burn-back protection, dosing tanks and other biomass safety devices
- Remove and clean the combustion grate. Clean and report on mechanism and chamber lining condition
- The stoker screw, motor, gaskets and bearings
- The ash removal and heat exchanger cleaning mechanism and motors
- The lambda, temperature, fuel proximity and all other system sensors
- Remove and clean ignition gun and ID fan
- Run the boiler up and check combustion
- Pressure Relief Valve - The Myriad engineer will check the valve is still ‘in date’ and also that the pressure rating of the valve and the pressure on the boiler rating plate and confirm the valve is adequate to protect the boiler.
Water Sample Testing (this is optional - please select if required)
We recommend the water is tested at least once per year. A sample shall be collected and submitted to a UKAS accredited laboratory for analysis in accordance with BSRIA BG29 B2 (TVC/Pseudomonas/Sulphate Reducing Bacterial/Nitrite Reducing Bacteria) guideline. A laboratory certificate will then follow on completion with accompanying interpretation report and recommendations on the required dosing.
Heat Meter Check
We recommend the heat meter is checked at least once per year.
Our Heat Meter Check includes:
- An inspection that the heat meter is not leaking
- The temperature sensor probes located in the pockets
- Record of the current energy generation.
It is important to note that this is not a comprehensive check, specifically excluded are the following: (a) installation is to the meter manufacturers installation instructions, (b) meter calibration is current, (c) meter is installed in the correct location according to the submitted RHI schematic, and any other check required to provide RHI compliance.